Friday, December 24, 2010

Those 2AM memories

There is this post I read somewhere about the 2AM friend. If you don't have one you can't possibly know who we are referring to. They are the rare breed of people who are there for you not just at the oddest hour of the day/night but they are their at your oddest hour of need.

The need to which the only answer is speaking to these 2 AM friends.

My friend's sustain me, and out of those a few select group are even more important as they let me relax after the worse day at work or after the worse day of my life. Here's to you!


  • The first thing I remember about you is the incessant chatter about some girl who you had the huggest crush on. The chatter drove me nuts but I admired how you remembered the most insignificant details about a situation or person and I wondered how you manged that. You still amaze me with your capacity to remember, to string words, to observe & to make the most sarcastic yet humorous comment. Sometimes I can't help wondering what greater heights you are yet to achieve & whatever they might be I know you are an amazing person.
  • There were those nights when we argued like 6 year olds over the most trivial issues. Hugely frustrated by our stubborness to agree on one single point & when I gave up to easy on any argument, I remember how you always said, "Don't give up the fight."
  • One night I knew all I wanted was to hear your voice but I couldn't get through to you that's when I realised how much I needed you.
  • You went out on a long trip and everyday I wished you would call and then I knew how much I missed you.
  • All I wanted was a warm hug and you rocked my world with your genuine care & warmth.
  • The last memory I have is of refusing to come out to meet you one evening, And one day like all good things you were gone.. taken from the world so early that I cannot bring myself to forgive my trespasses, criticism and antipathy. I wish we had more time, I wish i understood you better. It's so easy to lose someone in life .... it takes a drunk driver, one drunken step, or push on the accelator to take away the precious gift of a friend. I miss you !!

To all of you who I speak about here, I still can't imagine what my life would have been without you. Everyone of you have made a difference, you have brought to me so much in experience, warmth, love, passion & life. Somehow I hope somewhere you know How much you mean to me.

No comments: