Thursday, December 9, 2010

Fragrance

Fragrances and perfumes have always been women's favorite accessories right after the Sparkly jewels. And why shouldn't they be after all what could be more sophisticated, spendthrift, classy and absolutely reckless bordering on insanity to spend on something that simply evaporated in to the AIR.

My favorite Perfume brand has always been Elizabeth Arden may be because I grew up around the smell of Green Tea and 5th Avenue.

All the snazzy new age perfumes seem to lack the originality and basic tones of these old favorites. Seems to me more an more perfumes especially in women's segment are focused towards packaging only. They focus more and more on Aqua and Citrus based tones rather than into the more familiar heavier tonnes derived from the more earthy elements.

I guess the Deo Spray age has kind of taken a lot away from Perfumes, the market share and the necessity. But Perfumes invoke in me the most fairy tale, romantic, blissful mood.

My Latest obsession with them (thanks to a friend) has lead me to experiment beyond the floral notes of Elizabeth Arden to Burberry, YSL & Nina Ricci.




Here's Tea my all time favorite... with a twist of Lotus.

This perfume reminds me of all the times I used to look longingly at the Glass covered case where the Bottle was kept, I could not reach up to open the glass case when I was young but I would wait for someone to spray the perfume, & I remember how it used to linger in the air long after. In fact, I am sure it didn't but my mind remembered it so clearly.

Only on special ocassions was it sprayed on me just to keep me happy. I remember not wanting to let anyone wash the clothes so that it could still smell the same.

But now that I own the Same Perfume I find I hardly use it as often I would expect. May be that's why we don't always get what we want, coz if we did the Charm would be lost. So as that bottle stands in my presence everyday I notice it less an less.

No comments: