Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve and Day

Christmas celebrations had always meant cakes - fruit and rum, a school function, a day when we got to wear our dresses & not uniforms. Christmas meant carols & Jingle Bell, the Tree decoration & the fun of sitting through the re-runs of Grinch or other animations. Yesterday at the most happening 24th Nite bash I realised how the idea of celebrations had changes. In an open air ground the most skimpily clad women chattered in the dew, the expensive beverage & food would make one feel ashamed to think of the thousands who did not have a dinner last night. Standing in the middle of the teeming Crowd I thought How Strange the world had become?
May be I have not grown up or grown up too much yesterday night's tom foolery made me regret my decision to walk into that party,at that exclusive club. The same club whose membership I had once craved, suddenly I could not be bothered to be part of all of that jazz and lights any longer.
As I travelled across the city hoping to get into a Eatery before all of them closed shutters for a much needed dinner, I thought here I was doing exactly what I had forever wanted to do, Party on Christmas Eve and I didn't even like the party.
It was good to have a great company with me, time flew past, good conversation flowed add to it a bit of Bitching, a bit of fate finding a way tos urprise me again. Fate threw up yet another curve ball as I bumped into someone I least expected, & much to my dismay realised that I still feel silly arond these curve balls neither did I handle it well & I also lived to regret the missed opportunity!!
Like always Fate plays it's hand and waits for to blink, & what do I do? Completely act like a 16 year out of high school. Nothing gets under my skin than those Goosebumpy memories and thoughts....
Christmas Day was better because I got to watch Johny Depp and Angelina Jolie romance the camera from all the possible angles, & wait for 1 hour to grab a breakfast at 12 in the noon. It is amazing how brand is built around queues, over priced menus. & I fall for it hook line & sinker. After a few photoshots snapped up at the local mall & giggle ridden time with my girlfriends, I can safely confirm that I like spending my quality "off" time with friends doing same ole boring stuff & not the superficial fashionests evenings.
So may be I am old fashioned, but at the expense of being sounding like a stuck up, I just wish things were the same as they used to be, warm & yummy!.

No comments: