Tuesday, December 7, 2010

That Time of the Year

Yes Folks it is that time of the Year when I reminiscience about the year that has gone past. Somehow this is triggered by the cold winter. Winter as a season has never been described as a very cheerful time isn't it? May be because the dying leaves and the chilly winds makes cools the warm heart, just like the Dementors suck out your soul, in the world of Harry Potter and create a dark cloudy chilly weather in ours.
I must not let my thoughts wander, that happens a lot with me.
I was contemplating the year gone past. May be even more the fact that nothing terribly significant has happened to make me want to write about it. I am one of those people who will advice you that just because nothing is happening doesn't mean anything is wrong and then go on to believe exactly the opposite. So I am fretting over the uneventful year.
Apparently this Blog was supposed to be about re discovering but it seems to me that I have relegated this to the side lines. However, when I am driven by something, I usually find it exciting me a lot, like may be writing a blog, which was a favorite past time in some distant past. So, may be end of the year is not such a bad time to come back to an old love.
Someone sent me an SMS the other day which said that people we love have a way of coming back to us, but in a way least expected. I guess the " least Expected" works like the *Conditions Apply clause. In my experience when ever I have sat down to take count of the year gone past, I have majorly focussed on the people I have lost and gained. Don't meant to commodify the lovely people I have in my life but they are very much like assets and liabilities when it comes to someone like me who likes to be surrounded by PEOPLE.
This Focus on people has led me to believe that when we lose someone we must realise that time was limited for them to make a mark on our lives, and if we think back they have made us learn a lesson however bitter the lesson may have been.

Since this is my maiden post for the year end, I guess I can hope to come back with some thoughts slightly more coherent and organised in the near future.

No comments: