Monday, September 26, 2011

DIY Nail Art


I have been reading up on Nail arts the DIY variety and although all of it looks terribly easy, it ain't. But just for fun I did some of my own, first I started with something really simple. Here it is. This is basically reverse french manicure. In french Manicure the entire nail is done in transparent gloss and the edges of the nail are done in french manicure colors, which are usually, yellow, coral, white etc. In reverse French Manicure I have use a sheer shade of Gold and the nail edge is done with a darker color which is Purple. This purple is with glitter, although you can mix it up and use any other color. The reason I went for Gold and Purple because not all colors go with GOLD. For eg: if you want to use Silver you can use colors which go well with silver. This works for square tipped nails.

  • What you Need?
  1. Nail base
  2. Nail colors - 2
  3. Cotton Tipped Bud ( You can use cotton wrapped around the back of your make up brush too)
  4. Polish Remover
Apply the Nail Base Coat. Paint with the First color, add coats necessary to get the correct shade, I apply 2 coats usually, sometimes for lighter colors use 3. Let the coats dry out before applying the next. Using the Cotton tipped bud dipped in Polish remover to clean the tips of the nails of the Polish you have applied. You don't need to be too careful, just remove enough so that it is mostly clean. Now apply the second color like you would do for French Manicure. If you haven't done french Manicure, check the Picture it will give you an idea. I made a mess on some nails where I had excess polish on the brush. Once this dries out completely, use a good top coat. You can use a glitter top coat if you want. If you want to add some bling put stone Bindis (the small ones) before the Top coat dries out.


This is the easiest I could think of.

Note: It may seem that doing the right hand with left hand is tough but trust me I found it was easy if you twisted and moved your fingers so that the brush stays still.

1 comment:

Rwitabhadra Chatterjee Dasgupta (RITZ) said...

nail art brings back so much of our nail nostalgia. great job sweetie...and the gold was the right touch for the festive season, and the purple was all for nostalgia. so the combo was super for me :)