Friday, September 16, 2011

Comparisons

My parents are one of those every different breed of folks who seem to think that I have turned out alright, but say that I haven't to every one else. I meet parents who gush tonnes about their sons and daughters. Here are MY folks who think all my friends are SO MUCH more civilized and better than me [Which they genuinely are]. I appreciate that my parents have never made a big deal about any of their achievements or mine. Everything was considered as a result of the effort which one puts into the task
 I don't blame them, or anything, they have been brought up in a very austere manner, so have I been, with no over the top display of any kind emotions or wealth.
I do ask them sometimes why they have never ever said one word of praise in front of anyone, they just smile, and I know that had they done this, I would positively not have appreciated the real pride they feel in me. Sometimes praise can make us complacent. I never like being compared to others, because as an individual I am different, my decisions and opinions are different, so is my personality, so expecting me to be like someone else is ridiculous. Comparing salaries,. marks, material assets none of these make any sense to me. I am probably one of those pseudo-saint like people who everyone hates. May be I have no cut throat ambition, or I am just plain unambitious and lazy, not to forget complacent about my position in life.

But this post is probably not about that. This post is because I dislike being compared to people even if they were "brilliant supernova's", but what I hate the most is when I am being compared to FMLS's.

Snippet of conversation:

CF: Why don't you buy a car? That would solve your problem.
Me: I don't have a garage for two cars. [I already have a Family Car].
CF: You could keep it outside.
Me. I don't feel Comfortable. And more over the problem of the Driver remains whether I have one or ten cars.

CF: Come on it's not big deal you can drive a car, look even FMLS drives one. Can't you. It's no Rocket Science.
Me: stunned, hurt, silent. Well her driving is not worth mentioning. I kept my hand on the seat belt buckle jsut in case we crashed, I would need to release and survive the crash. And God she keeps switching off the damn AC [lame one, I know.]
CF: If she can drive you can too.
Me: I have too much temper I can't drive. You need to have a calm patient mind to do that.
End of Conversation


I don't know why I should have to buy a car or drive one just because a lame FMLS drives one, she has no choice living in a god forsaken place miles away from her workplace, I live with my folks and have my family car. It isn't logical to have another car [period].

For all the smartness & logic, people can make silly comparisons.

1 comment:

Rwitabhadra Chatterjee Dasgupta (RITZ) said...

You do not have to drive, till you do not feel like. at least thats what i feel. no wonder i dont drive even after two years of being compared to any and every chick in the world, including the infamous FMLS and a certain Miss Saha, and a certain Miss Singh. Tks for this post, now I can flaunt the fact, that my closest friends feel the same way about life on so many respects.