Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Laughathons, Gigglathons and my laughter tracks

Everyone does it, you have done it too. Laughed till your eyes watered. Laughed till you fell of the chair or Sofa. Laughed till the drink you sipped came out the wrong way. Laughed till you had tears rolling down your face.

So we sit at the local sip n bite joint and over our respective Darjeeling or Earl Greys we cackle, giggle and snort sometimes over the craziest bits of nonsense. That's my gal pal J.

We could be in a movie theater, trying to make sense of a B grade Bollywod potboiler, with me going "I can't understand why this is happening" every few minutes, so there is exasperated sniggering at our mutual state of disgust and complete lack of foresight to come and watch this particular movie. That's when Me and P get together.

Roaring guffaws and equally screeching screams when we can't get enough of bitching done about our Bosses, or colleagues, there is some mixed dialect of Oriya-hindi-bengali-english going on, and whoever is trying to overhear just gets periods of hushed whispers followed, by loud noises and two people rolling off their chairs. That's S for you.

Imagine a dark room and the middle of the night, and all you hear is muffled sniggering, choked laughter interrupted by a few whispers. You could also imagine, a very serious face and then hiding behind my own cupped pals to stop the smile.There could be a few dozen people around or no one, it could be that we are face to face or over a phone call, but hell I could try yet I fail not to smile every time we talk. Crazy ideas, really innovative abuses, mind boggling comments on each and everything within eye sight, add to it a good dose of utter embarrassment when everyone else frowns at you. That's my CF.

In all the above cases, one warning I never heed, is not to drink or eat anywhere around these people, and always end up with the drink coming out of my nose like some cheap magic trick, or chocking on food, dropping cutlery with alarming ringing sounds, spilling water, falling off the chair or bed and still laughing as I lie on my back with my feet on the bed.

Thanks for all the laughter and the smile, I am smiling thinking about all the funny things we said and did.

Warning about the link Below:

To know about the Giggle Loop is to become a part of the Giggle Loop...

Laughathons, Gigglathons and those who Do it.

No comments: