Friday, April 26, 2013

The 'C' word

When I was growing up for some reason I remember being terrified of the 'C' word. I thought for the longest time of avoiding it. I even planned & imagined scenarios where if forced how to avoid the 'C' word. When I outgrew the childish fantasies, I worried needlessly on when & where the 'C'word would grab me unaware. I looked everywhere always on my toes waiting to side step the 'C' word. I preached to all who would here that their lives would be better without this. I was disappointed to the point of being disgusted of people close to me falling prey to to the dreaded 'C' word. The best of my best people, the one's I idolized fell victim to this spreading disease.
And then at this ripe old age, it slowly dawned upon me that the one thing I have been avoiding has always been a part of my life just as it has been a part of everyone I know. There is no living without the 'C' word. The best accept it. Who am I to run around yelling myself hoarse convincing myself that I will never end up with the 'C' word?
So yes, finally I admit to myself that having run from it for the longest possible time I have come to accept that COMPRMISE is part of my life & I cannot ignore it.

Which is the one word you have wanted to avoid in life?

No comments: