Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What Married Women Talk About- A confession

I have many girlfriends who are married and most of their conversations center around their mother in laws, who seem to be 'pain in d wrong places' kind of humans & I simply do not understand why do they exist. In my own superiority complex I have forever been convinced that if & when I do get married I will not be one of those women. Those women who constantly bitch about their in laws and crib about their husband.

But we all have assumptions about who we are or will be. And usually these are wrong. In my case, it is no different. I can foresee my future. But the small consolation is, all my girl friends are in the same boat and I will have people who will show me some sympathy.

So, here's me climbing down from my High horse, and apologizing to every one of you who have heard my silly, bland, off the cuff, hand me down, moral sermonizing & not slapped me for being naive. I now understand it takes a bitch to deal with a bitch and never again shall I tell you to keep calm and ignore [unless it is absolutely necessary to prevent you from committing manslaughter] & I will let you vent your frustrations as much as possible. And if possible join in with a few anecdotes of my own and may be we will both laugh out loud & feel less like taking the chain saw or rat poison to the in laws.

No comments: