Sunday, August 7, 2011

Confession on a day for Friends

On Friendship Day, I saw and read through the various conversations I have had with people over the past few years on various occasions. These people have been part of my life at different points of time. They have sometimes been the source of sustenance, support sometimes my outlet for emotional hyper boles.

They are people I call friends.

Yet I still wonder how good a friend was I to them. I can see clearly from our interactions that there were many a times that I have ignored their emotions too caught up in my own melodrama of life. I wasn't a good friend to them.

I wish I could speak to them today and tell them that their presence has meant the world to me. I am sorry that I wasn't better at being there for them.

When I take stock of the years gone by I find I have been extremely lucky to meet people who have cared about me so much. I have as always been blind to them. Today, I guess I shouldn't feel surprised to find all of them happy and me still walking in the sets of the melodrama that I call life.

No comments: